This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

BARNS AND ADJOINING OUTBUILDINGS AT APPROXIMATELY 50 METRES WEST OF TREWEY FARMHOUSE

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: BARNS AND ADJOINING OUTBUILDINGS AT APPROXIMATELY 50 METRES WEST OF TREWEY FARMHOUSE

List entry Number: 1143853

Location

BARNS AND ADJOINING OUTBUILDINGS AT APPROXIMATELY 50 METRES WEST OF TREWEY FARMHOUSE

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:

District: Cornwall

District Type: Unitary Authority

Parish: St. Levan

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 15-Dec-1988

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 69806

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

ST LEVAN TRETHEWEY SW 32 SE 7/260 Barns and adjoining outbuildings at - approximately 50 metres west of Trewey Farmhouse GV II Barns and adjoining outbuildings; front building on the left is converted from former house. Probably some C18 walls, otherwise circa mid C19 and circa 1870 (date on roof plaster). Granite rubble with granite dressings. Mostly scantle slate roofs with gable ends except for half-hipped end of front wing on the right. Plan: Large U-shaped plan. Former probably C18 house now single-storey on the left with circa mid-C19 barn with axial threshing floor behind. Principal 1870 range adjoins rear right-hand side of older barn and returns in front on the right. In front of this is a single-storey waggon shed. Exterior: 2-storey barns, single-storey former house in front on the left and single-storey waggon shed in front on the right. Virtually unaltered elevations. Principal barn front has 3 ground floor doorways and 2 windows flanking central doorway. Loading doorway over right-hand doorway, 3 regularly spaced first floor windows. Older barn front, returning on the left, has 2 doorways (middle and right) and a loading doorway to threshing floor over; 1 ground floor window (left) and 2 first floor windows above. Many old ledged doors, some original shuttered windows. Interior has lime-washed walls and original roof structures.

Listing NGR: SW3823623623

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SW 38236 23623

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1143853 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Aug-2018 at 12:35:37.

End of official listing