TREVIDER FARMHOUSE INCLUDING FRONT GARDEN WALLS

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II*

List Entry Number: 1143899

Date first listed: 15-Dec-1988

Statutory Address: TREVIDER FARMHOUSE INCLUDING FRONT GARDEN WALLS

Map

Ordnance survey map of TREVIDER FARMHOUSE INCLUDING FRONT GARDEN WALLS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1143899 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Oct-2018 at 19:51:39.

Location

Statutory Address: TREVIDER FARMHOUSE INCLUDING FRONT GARDEN WALLS

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Cornwall (Unitary Authority)

Parish: St. Buryan

National Grid Reference: SW 43091 26249

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

ST BURYAN SW 42 NW 5/63 Trevider Farmhouse including front - garden walls GV II* Farmhouse including front garden walls. Datestone 1679. Built for Oliver and Susan Pender (initials on datestone). Remodelled in the C18. Granite rubble with granite dressings. Grouted scantle slate roofs. Original dressed granite chimney with moulded cornices over the right-hand gable end, later brick chimney over cross wall towards left (probably the original gable end and a brick chimney over the left-hand gable end. Cast-iron ogee-section gutters to slightly projecting eaves. Plan: Now a 3 rooms long range with 2 rooms deep cottage on the left added probably in the C18 or early C19 to the original 2 room plan house on the right. The original house was remodelled in the C18 and the front wall was rebuilt. The C18 plan has a parlour on the left and a wider kitchen on the right with entrance hall between; at the rear of the entrance hall is a small unheated room and at right angles mid-way to the original rear wall is a small wing containing a circa late C19 stair in the C17 or C18 stair projection which was extended at the rear to provide a service room with chamber over when the present stair was inserted. Exterior: 2 storeys. Regular overall 6-window front with original C18 openings. 2 window front cottage on the left with its doorway on the right and 4-window front of original house on the right with its doorway under its second from left first floor window. Window to right of this window is blocked with slate. Possibly C18 flush- beaded 4-panel door with overlight. Datestone carved 1679 in relief reset left of doorway. Circa early C19 16-pane hornless sashes to whole front with much old glass. Right-hand gable end has original C17 chamfered window opening on the left and a coat of arms with fleur-de-Lis. Rear elevation is unaltered since the C19. Interior: Complete C17 9-bay roof structure with morticed apices, halved dovetailed collars and trenched purlins; a ceiling cornice (visible in roof space) belonging to former principal chamber ceiling and some C17 chamfered ceiling beams with ogee stops. C18 features include a borrowed light to pantry (middle room) with heavy glazing bars and round-head fanlight head, and at the entrance to the parlour a pair of 3-panelled doors with similar detail to their top panels.

Listing NGR: SW4309126249

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 69619

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing