BIBLE CHRISTIAN CHAPEL WITH ATTACHED SUNDAY SCHOOL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1143985

Date first listed: 20-Dec-1988

Statutory Address: BIBLE CHRISTIAN CHAPEL WITH ATTACHED SUNDAY SCHOOL

Map

Ordnance survey map of BIBLE CHRISTIAN CHAPEL WITH ATTACHED SUNDAY SCHOOL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1143985 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Oct-2018 at 07:18:21.

Location

Statutory Address: BIBLE CHRISTIAN CHAPEL WITH ATTACHED SUNDAY SCHOOL

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Cornwall (Unitary Authority)

Parish: St. Stephen-in-Brannel

National Grid Reference: SW9735755560

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

ST STEPHEN IN SW 95 NE BRANNEL 2/110 Bible Christian Chapel with - attached Sunday School

II

Bible Christian chapel with attached Sunday school. Dated 1886 with few later alterations. Granite rubble with brick dressings; partly rendered. Bitumenised slate roof with ridge tiles and gable ends. Gable end stack to rear with truncated brick shaft. Plan: Single auditorium plan with entrance at the front gable end and ritual east also at the front gable end. The chapel is built into the slope of the ground, and is 2-storey at the rear, where there is an integral Sunday school. Exterior: Symmetrical front with central C20 plank double doors with round arch in dressed stone with keystone; round-arched C19 4-pane sash with brick surround to right and left. Circular recessed datestone above with brick border and inscription: BCC AD 1886. The left and right sides have 2 larger round-arched 4-pane sashes with brick arches; at the left end is a C20 window with granite window at ground floor. The rear is rendered; ground floor has central C20 plank door with late C19 margin- glazed sash to right and left. First floor has two round-arched margin-glazed sashes. Interior: Plain, but with original fittings. The entrance at the front gable end leads to a shallow lobby with door to right and left. The ritual east end has a Communion rail with turned balusters. At the rear there are raked pews with carved front panels. Ceiled roof.

Listing NGR: SW9735755560

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 71448

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing