WESLEYAN METHODIST CHAPEL WITH ATTACHED COACH HOUSES

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1144110
Date first listed:
24-Oct-1951
Statutory Address:
WESLEYAN METHODIST CHAPEL WITH ATTACHED COACH HOUSES, STANWAYS ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of WESLEYAN METHODIST CHAPEL WITH ATTACHED COACH HOUSES
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1144110 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-May-2019 at 10:07:55.

Location

Statutory Address:
WESLEYAN METHODIST CHAPEL WITH ATTACHED COACH HOUSES, STANWAYS ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Cornwall (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Newquay
National Grid Reference:
SW8385562258

Details

NEWQUAY STANWAYS ROAD, St Columb Minor SW 86 SW 5/140 Wesleyan Methodist Chapel with - attached coach houses 24.10.51 II

Wesleyan Methodist chapel with attached coach houses. Dated 1850, with few later alterations. Squared elvan stone rubble with stone dressings. Slurried slate roof with ridge tiles and gable ends with raised coped verges. Plan: Single auditorium plan, with entrance at the front gable end and ritual east to rear. Coach house attached to front left and right enclosing a small courtyard. Exterior: Front gable end on plinth, with central recessed bay; C19 central panelled double doors with overlight with decorative glazing bars, chamfered round stone arch over. Round-arched sash in chamfered surround with glazing bars and margin glazing above; similar larger round-arched sash with margin glazing to right and left; all windows are original. Chamfered circular recessed datestone at the apex of the gable with initials WMC 1850. To front left and right a small coach house with loft over, gable ends to front; each with double doors and 2-light opening above as loading door; the right side of the coach house to right has a single light at ground floor. Left and right sides of the chapel have central recessed bay in a 3-bay elevation, each bay with a round-arched sash with later C29 glazing bars. Interior: Not accessible, but appears to have a gallery around the front and sides.

Listing NGR: SW8385562258

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
71144
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].