This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

EBENEZER CHAPEL

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: EBENEZER CHAPEL

List entry Number: 1144209

Location

EBENEZER CHAPEL

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:

District: Cornwall

District Type: Unitary Authority

Parish: Lostwithiel

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 28-Aug-1987

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 70891

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

LOSTWITHIEL SWEETSHOUSE SX 06 SE 3/139 Ebenezer Chapel - II

Methodist chapel. Circa 1880. Coursed granite rubble with granite dressings; slate roof with ridge coping tiles and gable ends; stable attached to rear in rubble, partly rendered, with slate roof with gable ends and brick stack to rear. Single auditorium plan with porch to one gable end and stable attached to the other gable end. Gothic style. 2-bay auditorium on plinth, with weathered buttresses, with 2 paired pointed arched lancets to each side. Front gable end has blind quatrefoil at apex, and tall pointed arched lancet to each side of gabled porch. The porch has open quatrefoil in gable end, and doorway to side with shouldered head and plain double doors; buttresses. The rear gable end has attached stable, with wide doorway and brick stack to rear. Interior Not inspected.

Listing NGR: SX0848562063

Selected Sources

Books and journals
'West Briton' in 28 September, (1876)

National Grid Reference: SX0848562063

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1144209 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Aug-2018 at 11:20:00.

End of official listing