TREMEDDA FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1144311
Date first listed:
10-Jun-1954
Date of most recent amendment:
07-Sep-1988
Statutory Address:
TREMEDDA FARMHOUSE

Map

Ordnance survey map of TREMEDDA FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1144311 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Sep-2019 at 20:59:46.

Location

Statutory Address:
TREMEDDA FARMHOUSE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Cornwall (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Zennor
National Grid Reference:
SW 46114 39001

Details

ZENNOR TREMEDDA SW 43 NE 4/312 Tremedda Farmhouse (formerly listed 10.6.54 as Big Tremedder) GV II Farmhouse including adjoining house. C17, remodelled in the C18 and extended circa 1910 for M Grigg. Granite rubble with granite dressings. Scantle slate roof with stone stacks over the gable ends and cross wall. Original C17 stack left, axial stack and right-hand stack of dressed granite are probably C18. Dressed stone stacks also over circa 1910 extension. Plan: long rectangular 4 room range with short wing at right angles to rear middle; circa 1910 a house was built adjoining at right angles to rear right and double cartshed adjoins far right. The main range is now 1 house but has been 2 houses each with 2 rooms with entrances between the rooms. The larger kitchens are at either end and the parlours are towards the middle. Exterior: 2 storeys. Overall 5 windows north north east front : wider nearly symmetrical 2 window (originally 3 window) front left and nearly symmetrical 3 window front, right. Left-hand house has old ledged door and circa early C19 16-pane sashes. The right-hand house has circa 1910 door and leaded casements. Interior: C18 carpentry and joinery (some may be 1910 copy), large fireplace at either end. 1910 house not inspected. Adjoining garden walls have 2 dressed stone doorways in C17 style. Part of an unspoiled coastal hamlet set in the ancient field system of this part of Cornwall.

Listing NGR: SW4611439001

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
70632
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 14 Jun 2001
Reference: IOE01/04194/17
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Richard Clegg. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].