BARN AND ADJOINING BUILDINGS ADJOINING NORTH OF TREMEDDA FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1144312

Date first listed: 10-Jun-1954

Date of most recent amendment: 07-Sep-1988

Statutory Address: BARN AND ADJOINING BUILDINGS ADJOINING NORTH OF TREMEDDA FARMHOUSE

Map

Ordnance survey map of BARN AND ADJOINING BUILDINGS ADJOINING NORTH OF TREMEDDA FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1144312 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 12-Dec-2018 at 01:00:15.

Location

Statutory Address: BARN AND ADJOINING BUILDINGS ADJOINING NORTH OF TREMEDDA FARMHOUSE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Cornwall (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Zennor

National Grid Reference: SW 46127 39044

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

ZENNOR TREMEDDA SW 43 NE 4/313 Barn and adjoining buildings adjoining north of Tremedda 10.6.54 Farmhouse (formerly listed GV as Tremedder Farm Group) II Large granary over dairies left, waggon sheds, middle and probably stables and adjoining buildings including probably former shippon now converted to living accommodation. Circa 1910. Built by the architect George Kennedy for M Grigg. Partly granite ashlar and dressed granite brought to course, otherwise granite rubble with granite dressings. Hipped scantle slate roof over barn, coped gable end at rear of former shippon. Plan: planned farm buildings; overall T-shaped plan. Principal building is a rectangular barn of 2:3:2 bays with the central bays broken forward and with large openings at the front. Double-depth plan to ground floor. Dairy bays left have shallow dairy at the front and deeper dairy at the rear. Adjoining far left is a 2 bay arcade which forms a covered link to the farmhouse qv. In front of the arcade, right, is an enormous granite monolithic horse trough, possibly hewn in situ. Adjoining at right of the barn is a link stable building adjoining a cross wing former shippon, far right. Exterior: 2 storeys. 2:3:2 bay east south east front. Central bays symmetrical and broken forward, open at ground floor with the lintelled openings carried on fat square ashlar columns. Mid floor band and oculus over the middle of each bay. The left-hand bays have round arches with recessed inner order springing from impost band to ground floor and segmental arches to open loggia above. The right-hand bays have wide squat windows with original small paned lights. At far left the open-fronted link building has 2 bay arcade of round arches. The granary loft is approached by a flight of external steps to a rear loading doorway. Under the landing there is a round-arched porch. Interior: dairy only inspected which has original fittings. The front dairy and the loggia over have plaster vaulted ceilings. Part of an unspoiled coastal hamlet set in the ancient field system of this part of Cornwall.

Listing NGR: SW4612739044

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 70633

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing