CHURCH OF ST MARY

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1144575

Date first listed: 03-Mar-1967

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST MARY

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ST MARY
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1144575 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 12-Dec-2018 at 23:48:46.

Location

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST MARY

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Cumbria

District: Allerdale (District Authority)

Parish: Above Derwent

National Park: LAKE DISTRICT

National Grid Reference: NY 22645 25426

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

NY 22 NW ABOVE DERWENT THORNTHWAITE

7/7 Church of St Mary 3.3.67 II

Parish Church. 1831 with additions of 1853 replacing c1760 church on same site. Split slate rubble with angle buttresses, under graduated greenslate roof with coped gables and kneelers. 2-bay nave with west gabled porch, and open west bellcote; transepts; single-bay chancel with north vestry. Nave has lancet windows and triple lancet west windows; paired lancets in transepts. Chancel has tripartite east window. Interior has open timber roof, common to nave, chancel and trans epts. Figurative stained glass by H. Hughes, London, 1866. White warble wall plaques to Joseph Gibson of Powter Howe, 1810, and John Fisher of Jenkin Hill, 1796. C19 commandment and pater boards. C20 furnishings and fittings.

Listing NGR: NY2264525426

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 72091

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing