This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

EWANRIGG HALL

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: EWANRIGG HALL

List entry Number: 1144672

Location

EWANRIGG HALL

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Cumbria

District: Allerdale

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Maryport

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 27-May-1977

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 71815

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

MARYPORT EWANRIGGS 1. --------- 5161 Ewanrigg Hall NY 05 NW 3/15 II

2. Formerly a late C18 mansion, now reduced to provide a farmhouse and buildings. Only intact portion is present farmhouse to the right, of 2 storeys in red sandstone ashlar with slated roof. 3 windows above triple-arcaded ground floor with 2 windows with later hung sashes with glazing bars and centre door of 6 fielded panels with 3-light rectangular fanlight. Moulded eaves cornice. To the left of this, a portion of the former novae has been cut down, projecting ends with 2 windows each, centre of window-door-window. Band between this storey and remains of upper storey with 2-3-2 windows. Ground floor has moulded round head with triple keystone to centre door. Band at around floor cills. To the left, arcaded treatment of 3 bays on 1 storey contains 3 windows. There was a house on this site in 1368 (probably a pele) rebuilt circa 1640 and demolished 1903. Later outbuildings of lesser interest to rear.

Listing NGR: NY0444635312

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: NY 04446 35312

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1144672 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 14-Aug-2018 at 10:03:04.

End of official listing