THE COLLEGE FLAT, SOUTH OF THE COLLEGE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1144815

Date first listed: 27-Dec-1967

Statutory Address: THE COLLEGE FLAT, SOUTH OF THE COLLEGE

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE COLLEGE FLAT, SOUTH OF THE COLLEGE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1144815 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Oct-2018 at 21:29:45.

Location

Statutory Address: THE COLLEGE FLAT, SOUTH OF THE COLLEGE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Cumbria

District: Eden (District Authority)

Parish: Kirkoswald

National Grid Reference: NY 55481 41093

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

NY 55480 41090 KIRKOSWALD KIRKOSWALD NY 55 41

12/57 The College Flat, 27.12.67 south of The College

G.V. II

Flat above storerooms, formerly part of College of Vicars. Early C16 with alterations of 1699 and mid C19. Random red sandstone rubble walls, graduated green slate roof, tall C19 ashlar candlestick chimney stacks. 2 storeys, 5 bays. Ground floor C19 2-pane double sash windows and 2 smaller C20 windows. Upper floor C20 door in chamfered surround is reached by C19 external stone steps. Upper floor 2 single-light windows with chamfered surround and similar former 2-light mullioned window, mullion removed; window to right is C20 enlargement. Rear wall has cross mullioned windows of 1699, altered to match the facade of The College of 1696. Side wall left, nearest The College, has Tudor style entrance with hood mould and initials T.F. (Timothy Fetherstonhaugh), corresponding with doorway beside the house dated 1839. Listed partly for G.V. with The College.

Listing NGR: NY5548141093

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 73483

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing