FORMER SCHOOL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1144872

Date first listed: 30-Jun-1980

Date of most recent amendment: 21-Jun-1984

Statutory Address: FORMER SCHOOL

Map

Ordnance survey map of FORMER SCHOOL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1144872 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Oct-2018 at 11:25:39.

Location

Statutory Address: FORMER SCHOOL

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Cumbria

District: Eden (District Authority)

Parish: Winton

National Grid Reference: NY7844810558

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

NY 71 SE WINTON WINTON

8/135 30.6.80

Former school (formerly listed as Winton School)

G.V. II

School, founded 1659; present building dated 1862 with list of subscribers on panel to end of porch. Coursed, squared rubble with rusticated quoins; incorporates ashlar blocks bearing subscribers' names. Decorative boards to eaves of graduated slate roof; belfry with weather-vane to east end, conical metal chimneys. Single tall storey. Plank door on west side of gabled central porch to north elevation; single windows with glazing bars to either side of porch, in stone surround with projecting imposts and keystone to semicircular head. Similar windows to south and west elevations. Lower gabled fuel store added to east return. Internally, entrance to fuel store has re-used initialled and dated lintel: W.M. (for founder, Rev. William Morland) 1659.

Listing NGR: NY7844810558

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 73422

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing