DRYBECK HALL AND ATTACHED BUILDINGS

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II*

List Entry Number: 1144937

Date first listed: 12-Apr-1984

Statutory Address: DRYBECK HALL AND ATTACHED BUILDINGS

Map

Ordnance survey map of DRYBECK HALL AND ATTACHED BUILDINGS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1144937 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Oct-2018 at 12:47:53.

Location

Statutory Address: DRYBECK HALL AND ATTACHED BUILDINGS

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Cumbria

District: Eden (District Authority)

Parish: Hoff

National Grid Reference: NY 66943 15384

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

NY 66950 15390 BANDLEYSIDE DRYBECK

8/29 Drybeck Hall and attached buildings

II* Previously listed in Hoff Parish. House, 1679 with later kitchen outshut to rear. Coursed, squared rubble on plinth. Graduated slate roof has corniced stone chimneys to south end and to right of centre; outshut is stone flagged. 2-storey, 8-bay front. Part-glazed door has moulded jambs and lintel with carved crenellation, initials, and date ("W.S. & G.S. 1679"); stone block fastened to ground in front of right jamb has shallow bowl to top surface, concave corner mouldings, and "Ann Shepherd 1742" carved on front. Original 2-light mullioned windows grouped in pairs (4th from left on ground floor is 3-light); 2 windows to ground floor left are C20 replacements. Small sash in stone surround to each floor on left of door, C20 window above. String course runs across front above ground floor, rising to clear door, and continuous hoodmould above 1st floor. Original, partly blocked, attic window in south gable. Internally, panelled doors and a panelled heck screen survive as do 2 moulded fireplaces; R.C.H.M. gives early C18 date but they may be original. Early C18 byre with hay loft above added at north end; coursed, squared rubble with quoins under graduated slate roof, corniced stone chimney to south end. 3 plank doors with chamfered jambs and false 4-centred heads, one of which has been replaced with C20 concrete lintel. Chamfered square opening above central door; steps up to loft door on left. Later single-storey outbuildings to north not included.

Listing NGR: NY6694315384

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 73267

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing