CHURCH OF ST LUKE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1145012
Date first listed:
06-Feb-1968
Date of most recent amendment:
02-Jun-1968
Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ST LUKE

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ST LUKE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1145012 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Jul-2019 at 02:09:42.

Location

Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ST LUKE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Cumbria
District:
Eden (District Authority)
Parish:
Soulby
National Grid Reference:
NY 74851 11102

Details

NY 71 SW SOULBY

2/66 Church of St Luke 6.2.68 II

Church of England; built 1663, renovated late C19. Slobbered rubble with some incised stucco; ashlar front to south porch added 1889. Graduated stone flagged roof with stone copings and kneelers has ball finial to east gable and bellcote to west; wrought-iron weathercock has Musgrave arms and 1830 date. Graduated slate roof with stone copings and apex cross to gabled porch; panel with Musgrave arms above dated 1663. Original C17 south door has continuous moulding to jambs and semicircular head. Two square-headed 2-light windows to each side wall and 3-light pointed east window are late C19 insertions. Lean-to vestry to north side is late C18. Interior fittings are late C19.

Listing NGR: NY7485111102

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
73027
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 19 Feb 2003
Reference: IOE01/09089/20
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr R. Ian Campbell. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].