WEST HOUSE IN A GROUP OF 3, IN THE OCCUPATION OF MR JENKINSON AND MRS MORRIS

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1145157

Date first listed: 05-Sep-1986

Statutory Address: WEST HOUSE IN A GROUP OF 3, IN THE OCCUPATION OF MR JENKINSON AND MRS MORRIS

Map

Ordnance survey map of WEST HOUSE IN A GROUP OF 3, IN THE OCCUPATION OF MR JENKINSON AND MRS MORRIS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1145157 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Oct-2018 at 10:13:46.

Location

Statutory Address: WEST HOUSE IN A GROUP OF 3, IN THE OCCUPATION OF MR JENKINSON AND MRS MORRIS

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Cumbria

District: Allerdale (District Authority)

Parish: Loweswater

National Park: LAKE DISTRICT

National Grid Reference: NY1440720429

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

LOWESWATER LOW PARK NY 12 SW 13/181 West house in a group of 3, in the occupation of Mr Jenkinson & Mrs Morris II House divided into 2 dwellings. Late C17 with extension dated and inscribed over side doorway I&MS (Steel) 1812. Painted roughcast walls, under graduated greenslate roof with roughcast chimney stacks. Extension of incised cement render with modillioned eaves cornice and angle pilasters. Graduated greenslate roof with coped gables and kneelers. Original house of 2 low storeys, 3 bays with integral left stable now converted as part of the house. Right-angled higher 2-storey, 2-bay extension. Original house has top-glazed panelled door in C20 cement opening. C17 2-light chamfered stone-mullioned windows on upper floor; ground-floor left window with mullion removed and right enlarged casement. Former stable has C20 window in plain reveal under C20 3-light window. Left lean-to garage with plank doors. Extension has sash windows with glazing bars in painted stone surrounds, those on ground floor under bracketed hoods. Left return wall has top-glazed panelled door in painted stone surround with dated lintel, within C20 glazed porch. Interior of original house has moulded stone fireplace dated and inscribed IA 1705 (Jacob Alison), within inglenook with firebeam. Interior of extension has panelled doors and panelled shutters to ground-floor windows.

Listing NGR: NY1440720429

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 72705

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing