FONTHILL GIFFORD

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1145994

Date first listed: 06-Jul-1987

Statutory Address: FONTHILL GIFFORD, 74, HINDON LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of FONTHILL GIFFORD
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1145994 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Oct-2018 at 05:12:45.

Location

Statutory Address: FONTHILL GIFFORD, 74, HINDON LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Wiltshire (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Tisbury

National Grid Reference: ST 93151 31153

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TISBURY HINDON LANE ST 93 SW (east side)

1/250 No 74 Fonthill Gifford

GV II

Estate cottage. 1862 for Alfred Morrison. Dressed limestone to ground floor with timber-framing to first floor, thatched gabled roof with diagonally-set or square brick stacks. Single storey and attic, 1 window, to north. Entrance to left return with half- glazed door, 2-light mullioned casement and projecting bread oven to left, jettied upper floor has 3-light leaded casement, partly tile-hung. Front has 4-light leaded casement to left, 2-storey stone and timber-framed bay to right has mullioned leaded casement to ground floor and wooden casement to first floor, external stone stack to right has stone tablet with initials AM and date 1862. Cross wing to right has 3-light mullioned casement to ground floor, right return has tile-hung gablet and single chamfered casements to ground floor of main range. Interior has blocked open fireplace. Included as a good early example of Vernacular Revival in estate building; the style strongly suggests that this may be by G. Devey.

Listing NGR: ST9315131153

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 321040

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing