ZION HILL CHAPEL AND SCHOOLROOM

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1146031

Date first listed: 06-Jan-1966

Statutory Address: ZION HILL CHAPEL AND SCHOOLROOM, HIGH STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of ZION HILL CHAPEL AND SCHOOLROOM
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1146031 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Oct-2018 at 17:09:23.

Location

Statutory Address: ZION HILL CHAPEL AND SCHOOLROOM, HIGH STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Wiltshire (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Tisbury

National Grid Reference: ST 94413 29640

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TISBURY HIGH STREET ST 92 NW (west side)

4/240 Zion Hill Chapel and Schoolroom 6.1.66 GV II

Congregational chapel, now redundant. Dated 1726 on wrought iron weathervane. Limestone ashlar, pyramidal tiled roof. Square. Single storey, 2 windows. Central double panelled doors with semi- circular fanlight in chamfered stone surround with keystone, arched hood on brackets, cross window either side with round-arched lights. Coved eaves cornice to steeply pitched roof, weathervane at apex with two octagonal vents to rear. Right return has two recessed chamfered mullioned casements. Left return has blocked chamfered doorway and 2-light recessed chamfered mullioned casements. Rear has two cross windows with square-headed lights. Interior has gallery on south and east sides with fielded panelling, pilasters and ramped moulded handrail to front, on cast iron columns, 4-panelled doors and late Victorian fireplace surround. Three black marble wall tablets to Rev John Morgan died 1796, to Rev William Moore died 1798 and to Rev John Rogers died 1815. The congregation of this chapel later built a larger chapel, on Cuff's Lane (q.v.) in 1842.

Listing NGR: ST9441329640

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 321030

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing