This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

METHODIST CHAPEL

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: METHODIST CHAPEL

List entry Number: 1146110

Location

METHODIST CHAPEL, CHURCH HILL

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:

District: Wiltshire

District Type: Unitary Authority

Parish: Donhead St. Mary

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 06-Jul-1987

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 320823

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

DONHEAD ST. MARY CHURCH HILL ST 92 SW (east side)

7/37 Methodist Chapel

GV II

Wesleyan chapel, now Methodist Chapel. 1869 datestone on south west gable. Dressed limestone, Welsh slate roof. Classical style. Entrance front to south west gable has central double panelled doors with fanlight in moulded round-arched architrave, cast-iron bootscrapers either side of door, left and right are 6-pane round- arched sashes in plain ashlar architraves, gallery over has three 6-pane round-arched sashes in plain architraves, plain pilasters to pedimented gable with moulded cornice and finial to coped verges, circular plaque inscribed WESLEYAN/CHAPEL/AD/1869. Returns each have three tall 10-pane round-arched sashes in plain architraves. Rear is windowless. Interior retains plain pews and wooden reading desk at north end, gallery over entrance lobby at south end. Occupies prominent position on side of valley.

Listing NGR: ST9091923775

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: ST 90919 23775

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1146110 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Aug-2018 at 07:31:28.

End of official listing