BOUNDARY POST ABOUT 250 METRES WEST OF SOUTHINGTON FARM

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1146227

Date first listed: 21-May-1986

Statutory Address: BOUNDARY POST ABOUT 250 METRES WEST OF SOUTHINGTON FARM, WARMINSTER ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of BOUNDARY POST ABOUT 250 METRES WEST OF SOUTHINGTON FARM
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1146227 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 13-Dec-2018 at 08:27:31.

Location

Statutory Address: BOUNDARY POST ABOUT 250 METRES WEST OF SOUTHINGTON FARM, WARMINSTER ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Wiltshire (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Stapleford

District: Wiltshire (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Steeple Langford

National Grid Reference: SU 05711 37044

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

STAPLEFORD WARMINSTER ROAD SU 03 NE (north side) 3/67 Boundary post about 250m west of Southington Farm GV II Boundary post, partly in Steeple Langford C.P. 1840. Cast-iron T- shaped post with low pedimented capping to arms, raised lettering: STEEPLE LANGFORD on left arm, STAPLEFORD on right arm. One of a series of cast-iron mileposts and boundary posts made in Warminster by Carson and Miller c1840. (R. Haynes, Wiltshire Milestone, Leisure in Wiltshire, 1968) SU 03 NE STEEPLE LANGFORD SALSBURY ROAD (north side) 3/67 Boundary post about 250 west of Southington Farm GV II

Partly in Stapleford parish (q.v.). Boundary post. 1840. Cast-iron T - shaped post with low pediment capping to arms,raisedlettering :STAPLEFORD on right arm ,STEEPLE LANGFORD on left arm .One of a series of cast-iron boundary posts and mileposts on turnpikes radiating from Warminster and made by Carson and Miller c1840. (R. Haynes, Wiltshire Milestones,Leisure in Wiltshire, 1968)

Listing NGR: SU0571137044

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 320502

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Haynes, R , 'County Councils Gazette' in Wiltshire Milestones, (1968)

End of official listing