SUMMERCOURT WESLEY CHURCH WITH ATTACHED SUNDAY SCHOOL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1146398

Date first listed: 12-May-1988

Statutory Address: SUMMERCOURT WESLEY CHURCH WITH ATTACHED SUNDAY SCHOOL

Map

Ordnance survey map of SUMMERCOURT WESLEY CHURCH WITH ATTACHED SUNDAY SCHOOL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1146398 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Oct-2018 at 07:46:55.

Location

Statutory Address: SUMMERCOURT WESLEY CHURCH WITH ATTACHED SUNDAY SCHOOL

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Cornwall (Unitary Authority)

Parish: St. Enoder

National Grid Reference: SW 88275 55947

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

ST ENODER SW 85 NE 11/315 Summercourt Wesley Church with - attached Sunday School II

Methodist church with attached Sunday school. Dated 1845; the Sunday school of mid-late C19 with some later C20 alterations. Stone rubble with granite dressings and quoins. Hipped slurried scantle slate roof with ridge tiles. The Sunday school is in granite rubble; slate roof with crested ridge tiles and gable ends, gable end stack to left with brick shaft. Plan: Single auditorium plan, with entrance at the front end and ritual east to rear. The Sunday school is attached to rear left, forming an L-plan. Exterior: Symmetrical 2-storey front has C19 panelled double doors with fanlight with radial glazing bars and dressed stone round arch. At upper level to right and left a C19 2-light 18-pane casement with dressed stone round arch. Central recessed moulded datestone with inscription: WESLEYAN CHAPEL AD 1845. The right side has two tall round-arched windows with dressed stone arches, with windows with mullions and transoms. Single storey lean-to attached to rear. The left side has two similar round-arched windows with C20 glazing. The Sunday school is a lower single storey building attached to rear left. The front has two 3-light casement with shouldered arches and double plank doors with shouldered arched overlight to right. Interior: Not accessible, but may retain good internal features such as a gallery and rostrum.

Listing NGR: SW8827555947

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 71316

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing