This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

FORMER SCHOOL AND SCHOOL HOUSE

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: FORMER SCHOOL AND SCHOOL HOUSE

List entry Number: 1146785

Location

FORMER SCHOOL AND SCHOOL HOUSE, CORBY ROAD

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Lincolnshire

District: South Kesteven

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Irnham

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 15-Dec-1986

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 194140

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

IRNHAM CORBY ROAD TF 0226-0326 (north side)

13/166 Former School and School House

G.V. II

Former School and School House, now house and empty room. 1861. Squared limestone rubble with ashlar quoins and dressings. Plain tiled roof, overhanging eaves and gables on carved wooden brackets, 2 moulded stone gable stacks and single wall stack. School is single storey with dormers, 3 bay front, having central planked door covered by gabled porch with pointed inner and outer doorways, flanked by single 3 light windows. In the roof 2 gabled dormers with 2 light glazing bar casements and rendered cheeks. Above the outer doorway a stone bears the date 1861 together with the Woodhouse Griffin. The school is linked by a wall to the single storey with garret, 3 bay house. Having central planked doorway with to left a 2 light window and to right a tall lancet. All windows have wooden heads in the form of Caernarvon arches, and all openings have chamfered shaped ashlar surrounds.

Listing NGR: TF0224026788

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: TF 02240 26788

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1146785 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Aug-2018 at 07:43:14.

End of official listing