KILROSS LODGE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1146864

Date first listed: 02-May-1968

Date of most recent amendment: 07-Nov-1983

Statutory Address: Kilross Lodge, Rose Acre Lane, Yealand Conyers, Carnforth

Map

Ordnance survey map of KILROSS LODGE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1146864 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Oct-2018 at 08:11:20.

Location

Statutory Address: Kilross Lodge, Rose Acre Lane, Yealand Conyers, Carnforth

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Lancashire

District: Lancaster (District Authority)

Parish: Yealand Conyers

National Grid Reference: SD 50463 74908

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 08/09/2014

SD 57 SW 4/263

YEALAND CONYERS, ROSE ACRE LANE (North Side), Kilross Lodge

(Formerly listed as Barn at junction with Yealand Road and Flat Lane, opposite Old Hall Complex.

Previously listed as Barns and Outbuildings at The Old Hall on opposite side of road under Yealand Road)

2.5.1968

GV II

Barn, c.1800. Slobbered limestone rubble with slate roof. South wall, facing road, has a wide segmental-arched opening at left-hand end, now partly blocked to form a window. To the right are 2 windows with plain reveals, and traces of blocked door openings. Right-hand gable has later one-storey lean-to. Left-hand (west) gable has modern wide opening and traces of the original shippon doors. Gables have ball finials. Along the north wall are later lean-to shippons. Set into the left-hand end of the south wall is a sandstone tablet with rounded top incised '9'. This is a milestone, as recorded on Yates' map of 1786.

Listing NGR: SD5046374908

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 182034

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing