This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

CHAIGLEY MANOR

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: CHAIGLEY MANOR

List entry Number: 1146892

Location

CHAIGLEY MANOR, BAILEY BANK

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Lancashire

District: Ribble Valley

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Aighton, Bailey and Chaigley

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 22-Nov-1983

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 182891

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SD 64 SE AIGHTON, BAILEY & BAILEY BANK (OFF) CHAIGLEY

5/7 Chaigley Manor

II

House, 1857. Punched rock-faced sandstone with slate roof. 2 storeys. West facade of 4 bays with battlements and corner turrets, the 3rd bay projecting forwards. The windows have an inner hollow chamfer and outer chamfer, those on the ground floor being cross windows with hood moulds. The 1st floor windows are mullioned, those in bays 1 and 2 being of 2 lights, those in bays 3 and 4 of 3 lights. The entrance is in the 3rd bay, with a door with chamfered surround and 4-centred head flanked by narrower windows with similar details. The central area of the roof is surrounded by iron railings and has 2 sets of clustered chimney caps. The south front has a canted bay window to the left on the ground floor, with 2 cross windows to its right and a shield dated '1857' at the far right. On the 1st floor are mullioned windows of 3, 2, 3 and one lights. Interior. The hall is entered through a glazed wooden screen with clustered columns, and with perpendicular tracery to the central doors.



Listing NGR: SD6950441525

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SD 69504 41525

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1146892 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Aug-2018 at 04:23:07.

End of official listing