OLD RECTORY

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1147028

Date first listed: 11-Jun-1985

Statutory Address: OLD RECTORY, CHURCH LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of OLD RECTORY
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1147028 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Oct-2018 at 22:19:34.

Location

Statutory Address: OLD RECTORY, CHURCH LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Lincolnshire

District: West Lindsey (District Authority)

Parish: Broxholme

National Grid Reference: SK 91121 78115

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SK 97 NW BROXHOLME CHURCH LANE

4/8 Old Rectory

G.V. II

Former rectory, now house. Late C18 with alterations of 1828 and 1840 and C20 minor alterations. Limestone anti red brick, hipped slate roof, 2 brick ridge stacks. 2 storey, 3 bay front with overhanging eaves. 5 panelled door with side lights and triangular hood over. Above a C20 segmental portico hood on brackets with dentillated cornice on side piers. Flanked by single tall glazing bar sashes. To first floor are 3 glazing bar sashes. Windows have segmental brick heads. To left is a 3 bay brick hipped wing with central French windows flanked by glazing bar sashes, to first floor are 2 similar sashes. To right side is a canted bay window with pilasters, glazing bar sashes, dentillated top and Greek key panels beneath. The house is shown in the Banks drawings collection. The 1840 alterations, which included the left hand ring, were undertaken by Wilson, architect, and commissioned by Mr. F. Robinson, Farmer.

Listing NGR: SK9112178115

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 196972

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing