40-43, WEST STREET

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1147075

Date first listed: 30-Jun-1986

Statutory Address: 40-43, WEST STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of 40-43, WEST STREET
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1147075 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 13-Dec-2018 at 01:15:47.

Location

Statutory Address: 40-43, WEST STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Lincolnshire

District: East Lindsey (District Authority)

Parish: Alford

National Grid Reference: TF 45184 75864

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

ALFORD WEST STREET TF 4475-4575 (south east side) 6/41 Nos. 40 to 43 (consecutive)

G.V. II

6 almshouses and wall, now 4. 1870. Red brick with 2 blue brick bands, ashlar and terracotta dressings, hipped slate roofs with decorative ridge tiles and finials, 4 ridge stacks with diamond set shafts. U-plan. Single storey with attics, 10 bay front, the end bays are advanced and hipped. Plinth, moulded terracotta string course, bracketed eaves. Central pair of half glazed doors flanked by pairs of 2 light casement windows, single doors and further single 2 light windows beyond. Above the centre is a recessed square stone plaque recording foundation by Sir Robert Christopher in 1668 and rebuilding in 1870, with above a 4 light window in a gable. All windows have chamfered mullions and surrounds, the doors with shouldered surrounds. In the central gable is a scrolled cartouche of arms. To either side are gabled 2 light dormer casements with carved bargeboards supported on wooden brackets. Linking the advanced end bays is a low pierced brick wall with ashlar coping and to either side of the central gateway are square piers with pyramidal copings.

Listing NGR: TF4518475864

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 195564

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing