This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

BURTON HALL

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: BURTON HALL

List entry Number: 1147084

Location

BURTON HALL, LINCOLN ROAD

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Lincolnshire

District: West Lindsey

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Burton

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II*

Date first listed: 11-Jun-1985

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 196983

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SK 97 SE BURTON off LINCOLN ROAD

9/19 Burton Hall

II*

Country house. 1768. By James Paine for Lord Monson. Alterations and addition of C20. Ashlar south front, hipped slate roof concealed by a parapet with 2 ranges of moulded stone stacks. 3 storey 9 bay front arranged 3:3:3 with central 3 bays slightly advanced and pedimented. Plinth, deep first floor band with moulded top, narrow first floor sill band, dentillated cornice and pediment. Rusticated quoins to ground floor only, and rusticated central ground floor stage. Central half glazed door with fanlight set in a semi-circular headed opening flanked by single windows with splayed rusticated heads. To either side are 3 windows with rusticated architraves and full cornices over. To first floor are 3 sets of 3 windows, all with architraves, but only the central ones of which have cornices. Second floor has 9 square windows with 2 fixed panes above a transome. The front is one bay deep and to the rear is a single storey C20 wing designed by John Roberts, architect. The Nattes drawing of 1793 in the Banks Collection Vol.I shows the rear wing intact.

Listing NGR: SK9596574384

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SK 95965 74384

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1147084 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Aug-2018 at 09:21:17.

End of official listing