This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

CHURCH OF ST ANDREW

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: CHURCH OF ST ANDREW

List entry Number: 1147116

Location

CHURCH OF ST ANDREW, RECTORY LANE

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Lincolnshire

District: East Lindsey

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Anderby

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 03-Feb-1967

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 195574

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

ANDERBY RECTORY LANE TF 57 NW (south side) 4/51 Church of St. Andrew 3-2-67

G.V. II

Parish church. 1759 and 1887. Red brick, with ashlar dressings, squared greenstone rubble, slate and lead roofs. Western tower, nave, facetted chancel, south porch and vestry. The C18 3 stage brick tower has greenstone plinth, plain bands and dentillated eaves, with shaped lead roof. Tower and nave windows are semi-circular headed, in stone surrounds with key and impost blocks. In the west wall are single windows at ground and belfry level. The north nave wall has 2 windows, greenstone plinth and dentillated eaves course. Chancel and vestry were added in 1887, and have matching moulded brick semi-circular headed openings. The vestry has a door and narrow window to the north and a further window to the east. The canted chancel has a moulded brick eaves course, string course and single windows to each of the three sides and 2 more to the south. The nave south wall is as the north but with 3 windows. The gabled south porch is against the tower and has semi-circular headed inner and outer doorways with continuously moulded brick reveals. Interior. Semi-circular tower arch. The chancel arch is semi-circular in moulded brick with rolls to the angles of the 2 orders, paired ashlar shafts to the imposts, with fluted bases and cushion capitals. In the north wall of the chancel a similar archway with fluted imposts. The chancel windows have rear arches of moulded brick with rolled angles and facets. All fittings are C19 including the octagonal font.

Listing NGR: TF5235075451

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: TF 52350 75451

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1147116 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Aug-2018 at 08:51:28.

End of official listing