This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

LYSTON MILL INCLUDING RAILINGS ENCLOSING FRONT GARDEN

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: LYSTON MILL INCLUDING RAILINGS ENCLOSING FRONT GARDEN

List entry Number: 1147180

Location

LYSTON MILL INCLUDING RAILINGS ENCLOSING FRONT GARDEN, LISTON LANE

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Essex

District: Braintree

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Liston

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 17-May-1984

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 114061

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TL 84 SE LISTON LISTON LANE 5/137 Lyston Mill including railings enclosing front garden

GV II

Mill House. Circa 1797. Double range. Timber framed, beaded weatherboard clad. Red tiled roof. Moulded eaves cornice. 2 storeys. 2 window range of small paned sliding sashes with original shutters. Pelmets over. Bargeboards to gables. Central 4 panelled door with moulded surround and flat canopy. Central red brick chimney stack. A watermill has stood on this site by the River Stour, for centuries, originally belonging to Abbots of St. Edmundsbury. Last mill, demolished 1887. Internally is much good C18 detail including alcove and corner cupboard, doors and wainscots etc. There are cast iron railings to front garden with urn heads to gate posts, ornate rail heads and arrow heads to lower rails.

Listing NGR: TL8566944934

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: TL 85669 44934

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1147180 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Aug-2018 at 01:15:27.

End of official listing