LOUD MYTHAM FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1147206

Date first listed: 29-Dec-1952

Statutory Address: LOUD MYTHAM FARMHOUSE

Map

Ordnance survey map of LOUD MYTHAM FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1147206 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Oct-2018 at 19:01:28.

Location

Statutory Address: LOUD MYTHAM FARMHOUSE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Lancashire

District: Ribble Valley (District Authority)

Parish: Bowland-with-Leagram

National Grid Reference: SD6491243107

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SD 64 SW BOWLAND-WITH-LEAGRAM

4/60 Loud Mytham Farmhouse 29.12.52 GV II

House, late C17th, altered 1879. Slobbered sandstone rubble with slate roof. 3-unit plan. 2 storeys with attic. The original entrance was in the north-west wall, against the fireplace in the middle room. The chamfered door surround with hood is now blocked. To the left is a 2- light double-chamfered mullioned window, with a blocked window with hood to the right. On the 1st floor are 2 windows of 2 lights and one of 4 lights. The south-east wall has a late C19th chamfered door surround opening into the middle room. All the windows are double chamfered with mullions and individual hoods. To the left of the door is a 4-light window, with a 3-light window, formerly larger, to the right, with one of 2 and one of 3 lights to the right of that. On the 1st floor the numbers of lights in the windows are as follows: 4, 5, 2, 2, 4. The west gable has a 3-light window on the ground floor and traces of blocked windows on the 1st and attic floors. The house is recorded as having a wide fireplace with extensive arch prior to a rebuilding in 1879, with a soot chamber above 8 or 9 feet square occupying the entire height of the roof. Weld, John 'A History of Leagram'. Chetham Society N.S. 72, 1913, p.94.



Listing NGR: SD6491243107

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 182945

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Weld, J, A History of Leagram, (1913), 94

End of official listing