HALL FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1147213
Date first listed:
11-Jun-1985
Statutory Address:
HALL FARMHOUSE, HIGH STREET

Map

© Crown Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2020. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1147213.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 31-Oct-2020 at 16:52:04.

Location

Statutory Address:
HALL FARMHOUSE, HIGH STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Lincolnshire
District:
West Lindsey (District Authority)
Parish:
Newton on Trent
National Grid Reference:
SK 83200 73920

Details

SK 87 SW NEWTON-ON-TRENT HIGH STREET (west side)

6/48 Hall Farm House

G.V. II

Farmhouse. 1656 with extensive remodelling of the early C19. Painted brick with hipped slate roof and 2 brick wall stacks. T- plan. 2 storey with basement, 3 bay front having a central 6 panelled door, traceried fanlight and C20 wooden doorcase, reached up a flight of steps. Door is flanked by single glazing bar sashes, the larger fenestration of the earlier phase can be seen around the C19 windows. To first floor are 3 glazingbar top hung casements. In front of the house is a built up earth bank, concealing the basement which is in fact the ground floor of the original C17 house. To right is a lower range with semi- circular headed niche and a ramped wall to the gate post. At left side is a brick wall containing a reset keystone dated 1656. At the rear, a stone cornice marks the site of the original back door. Interior. A plain chamfered beam in the smaller 2 storey (service) wing to rear. Some reset C17 panelling and 2 decorative panels re-used over a doorway to upper floor and doors re-using C17 wainscotting with lovely lyre scrolled decoration. The C17 hall. has a fine moulded beam with a stepped stop. Upper ground floor is early C19 with shuttered windows and 2 semi- circular headed doorways to stair hall. Drawing room has a curved end with full. cornice and 2 balanced curved front cupboards.

Listing NGR: SK8320073920

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
197011
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].