SOUTHMEAD CHEST TOMB APPROXIMATELY 10 METRES NORTH OF AISLE OF CHURCH OF ST MICHAEL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1147230

Date first listed: 16-Sep-1987

Statutory Address: SOUTHMEAD CHEST TOMB APPROXIMATELY 10 METRES NORTH OF AISLE OF CHURCH OF ST MICHAEL, HIGH STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of SOUTHMEAD CHEST TOMB APPROXIMATELY 10 METRES NORTH OF AISLE OF CHURCH OF ST MICHAEL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1147230 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Oct-2018 at 07:04:49.

Location

Statutory Address: SOUTHMEAD CHEST TOMB APPROXIMATELY 10 METRES NORTH OF AISLE OF CHURCH OF ST MICHAEL, HIGH STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Devon

District: West Devon (District Authority)

Parish: Chagford

National Park: DARTMOOR

National Grid Reference: SX 70139 87541

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

CHAGFORD HIGH STREET, (north side), SX 7087 Chagford 6/126 Southmead chest tomb approximately - 10 metres north of aisle of Church of St Michael GV II

Chest tomb. Dated 1832 in memory of Reverend William Southmead. Granite ashlar with cast iron area railings. Chest tomb has a moulded plinth and soffit-moulded flat lid. Each long side contains a sunken rectangular panel flanked by sunken pilasters. It is inscribed on the south-east side with Roman serif upper and lower case lettering including some italics. It records the death of William Southmead in 1832 and his brother John in 1833.



Listing NGR: SX7013987541

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 94655

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing