BARN 40 METRES EAST SOUTH EAST OF GREAT OAKLEY HALL FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1147248

Date first listed: 30-Jan-1987

Date of most recent amendment: 31-Jan-1987

Statutory Address: BARN 40 METRES EAST SOUTH EAST OF GREAT OAKLEY HALL FARMHOUSE, FARM ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of BARN 40 METRES EAST SOUTH EAST OF GREAT OAKLEY HALL FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1147248 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Oct-2018 at 21:15:01.

Location

Statutory Address: BARN 40 METRES EAST SOUTH EAST OF GREAT OAKLEY HALL FARMHOUSE, FARM ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Essex

District: Tendring (District Authority)

Parish: Great Oakley

National Grid Reference: TM 20711 28148

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

GREAT OAKLEY HARWICH ROAD TM 22 NW (north-west side) 4/27 Barn 40 metres east- south-east of Great Oakley Hall Farmhouse

GV II

Barn. C18. Timber framed, weatherboarded, roofed mainly with corrugated iron, with some handmade red clay tiles on the SE midstrey. 13 bays aligned NW-SE, with 2 midstreys each of 2 bays to SW. Early C19 slate-roofed lean-to extension to NW of NW midstrey, later C19 slate-roofed lean-to extension between the midstreys. Large C20 open lean-to shelter to NE. Minor repairs to the walls in red brick in Flemish bond. Hardwood frame with primary straight bracing and clasped purlin roof. The 4 NW bays and midstrey were built first, with arched braces to the tiebeams and to the wallplate across the midstrey, and without a ridge. The remainder was added later in the C18, with bolted knees to the tiebeams and to the wallplate across the midstrey. The NW lean-to extension is shown in the tithe award of 1841 (Essex Record Office, D/CT 258). Associated with a farm of 600 acres until c.1914. In 1985 in use for bulk grain storage.

Listing NGR: TM2071128148

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 120269

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing