This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

WHEATLEY FARMHOUSE AND FORMER STABLE ADJOINING TO THE SOUTH

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: WHEATLEY FARMHOUSE AND FORMER STABLE ADJOINING TO THE SOUTH

List entry Number: 1147523

Location

WHEATLEY FARMHOUSE AND FORMER STABLE ADJOINING TO THE SOUTH, FOUR ACRE LANE

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Lancashire

District: Ribble Valley

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Thornley-with-Wheatley

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 13-Feb-1967

Date of most recent amendment: 22-Nov-1983

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 183044

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SD 63 NW THORNLEY-WITH-WHEATLEY FOUR ACRE LANE 7/158 Wheatley Farmhouse and former 13.2.67 stable adjoining to the south (formerly listed as Wheatley Farmhouse)

II H Farmhouse, 'R A 1774' on plaque. Squared, coursed sandstone with slate roof. House of central-entry double-pile plan with end stacks. 2 storeys with attic. Windows have plain stone surrounds, having lost their square mullions. The door has a shouldered architrave with narrow pulvinated frieze and moulded pediment. Attached towards the rear of the right-hand gable is a large stone trough carved from one piece of stone and dated '1832'. The rear wall has plain stone window surrounds, the 2 on the 1st floor retaining their square mullions and being of 2 lights. The rear door is now within a later extension and has an architrave with 'EHA 1758' incised on the lintel. Adjoining to the left is a former stable or shippon having a door with plain stone surround, and a round pitching hole with plain stone surround on the 1st floor of the left-hand gable. Above is a square pitching hole.



Listing NGR: SD6199639859

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SD 61996 39859

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1147523 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Aug-2018 at 06:27:41.

End of official listing