CHURCH HALL THE GATE HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1147553

Date first listed: 21-May-1985

Statutory Address: 4, CHURCH WALK

Statutory Address: CHURCH HALL, CHURCH WALK

Statutory Address: THE GATE HOUSE, CHURCH WALK

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH HALL
THE GATE HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1147553 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Oct-2018 at 00:08:44.

Location

Statutory Address: 4, CHURCH WALK

Statutory Address: CHURCH HALL, CHURCH WALK

Statutory Address: THE GATE HOUSE, CHURCH WALK

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Devon

District: South Hams (District Authority)

Parish: Stoke Gabriel

National Grid Reference: SX 84893 57171

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SX 8457 STOKE GABRIEL CHURCH WALK

14/119 No 4, Church Hall and the Gate House -

- II

Former National School (now Church Hall) and adjoining Master's house (No 4) with a cottage (The Gate House) adjoining on opposite side of the School. The school and master's house 1842, restored 1897 although probably C18 or earlier origin. Roughcast stone rubble. Asbestos slate roof with gabled and hipped ends. Two storeys. Four window range. The school at centre has two large sashes on each floor and central double doors with carved stone plaque above inscribed "National Schools Established August 31, 1842. Restored by Voluntary Subscription 1897." Master's house to right, one sash window on each floor, ground floor with thick glazing bars, and panelled and glazed door with wooden lattice porch. Rendered end chimney stacks. The Gate House to left (south) has C19 casement, sash and bay windows and two large chimney stacks over the side wall.

Listing NGR: SX8489357169

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 100665

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing