BRANT BROUGHTON CHURCH OF ENGLAND SCHOOL

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1147635
Date first listed:
15-Apr-1985
Statutory Address:
BRANT BROUGHTON CHURCH OF ENGLAND SCHOOL, HIGH STREET

Map

© Crown Copyright and database right 2021. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2021. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1147635.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Jun-2021 at 03:55:27.

Location

Statutory Address:
BRANT BROUGHTON CHURCH OF ENGLAND SCHOOL, HIGH STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Lincolnshire
District:
North Kesteven (District Authority)
Parish:
Brant Broughton and Stragglethorpe
National Grid Reference:
SK 91633 53918

Details

BRANT BROUGHTON AND STRAGGLETHORPE HIGH STREET SK 95 SW (west side) 6/38 Brant Broughton Church of England School 15.4.85 GV II School. Formerly School and Schoolmasters house. 1871. Red brick with ashlar dressings. Slate roof with ashlar coped gables with kneelers. 2 brick stacks. 4 bay, single storey schoolroom, to south. 4 ashlar capped buttresses, and 4, 3-light mullion windows, each with 3 cusped lancets. The single bay gabled house to the north has a 3-light mullion window, with a 2-light mullion window above, both under relieving arches. The upper one inscribed '1871'. There is a north doorway with a 4 centred arched doorway with plank door. Included for group value only.

Listing NGR: SK9163353918

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
192389
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 15 Aug 2001
Reference: IOE01/05014/08
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Robin W. Symons. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].