THE OLD WORKHOUSE COTTAGES AND ATTACHED OUTBUILDING

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1147685

Date first listed: 30-Jan-1987

Statutory Address: THE OLD WORKHOUSE COTTAGES AND ATTACHED OUTBUILDING, 1 AND 2, EGG SHELL ALLEY

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE OLD WORKHOUSE COTTAGES AND ATTACHED OUTBUILDING
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1147685 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Oct-2018 at 12:13:47.

Location

Statutory Address: THE OLD WORKHOUSE COTTAGES AND ATTACHED OUTBUILDING, 1 AND 2, EGG SHELL ALLEY

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Lincolnshire

District: North Kesteven (District Authority)

Parish: Wellingore

National Grid Reference: SK 98610 56567

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

WELLINGORE EGG SHELL ALLEY SK 95 NE Nos 1 and 2

1/72 The Old Workhouse Cottages and attached - outbuilding

GV II

Pair of cottages reputedly the old workhouse. 1782 and early C19. Coursed limestone rubble and brick. Pantile roof with 2 gable and a single rear lateral brick stacks. Brick dentillated eaves. 2-storey. 6-bays. Cottage to left has central doorway with plank door flanked by single 2-light sliding sashes all with segment brick heads. Above 2 cross casements to eaves. Cottage to right has central half-glazed door flanked by single plain 3-light sliding sashes, with 2 similar windows above. All with wooden lintels. Beyond to the right is a single storey outbuilding with a single plank door. In the north gable is a plaque inscribed 'W. M. 1782'.

Listing NGR: SK9861056567

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 192510

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing