HERONSHAW HALL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1147752

Date first listed: 26-Jan-1967

Statutory Address: HERONSHAW HALL, SOUTHFIELDS

Map

Ordnance survey map of HERONSHAW HALL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1147752 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Oct-2018 at 08:43:46.

Location

Statutory Address: HERONSHAW HALL, SOUTHFIELDS

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Lincolnshire

District: Boston (District Authority)

Parish: Leverton

National Grid Reference: TF 40248 49113

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TF 44 NW LEVERTON SOUTHFIELDS (west side)

9/94 Heronshaw Hall 26.1.67 II

House. 1576, altered and extended C17, extensively remodelled late C18, with minor C20 alterations. Red brick mostly in English bond, slate roofs, single gable, 2 triple ridge, and a single wall stack, in brick. T-plan, having parlour cross wing. 2 storey, irregular 5 bay front, the left hand bay advanced and separately gabled. Chamfered plinth, moulded and chamfered first floor offset, now covered by slate course, gable band to left. Off-centre C18 6 panel door in plain brick surround. To left a glazing bar sliding sash, and to right 2 glazing bar windows, one a casement, one a sash. To first floor are 3 glazing bar sashes, a fixed light and a glazing bar casement, all with segmental brick heads. Between the right hand pair of upper windows is a terracotta tiled date plaque, 1576, initials WB IB, above a shield. Stepped cruciform terracotta surround. The left hand side front of parlour wing has 3 glazing bar sashes to ground floor and 4 above. Interior retains moulded beams. Brick fireplace with timber bressumer. Some reset panelling. Also known as Massom Hall.

Listing NGR: TF4024849113

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 192014

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing