LANDERMERE HALL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1147789

Date first listed: 30-Jan-1987

Statutory Address: LANDERMERE HALL, LANDERMERE QUAY

Map

Ordnance survey map of LANDERMERE HALL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1147789 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Oct-2018 at 19:35:15.

Location

Statutory Address: LANDERMERE HALL, LANDERMERE QUAY

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Essex

District: Tendring (District Authority)

Parish: Thorpe-le-Soken

National Grid Reference: TM 19472 23446

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

THORPE-LE-SOKEN LANDERMERE QUAY TM 12 SE (north side) 5/98 Landermere Hall - II

House. Late C18/early C19. Red brick in Flemish bond, roofed with handmade red clay tiles. Main range facing SW with an internal stack at each end. 2 adjacent service wings to rear, the whole forming an approximately square plan. C20 single-storey wing to each side of main range. 2 storeys with attics. Ground floor, 2 early C19 sashes of 16 lights with flat brick arches. First floor, 2 similar sashes, and one of 12 lights over door. Central 4-panel door, the upper panels glazed, with fluted architrave and moulded pediment. Band at first-floor level. Dentilled eaves course. P. Morant wrote in 1768 'Landermer- hall, the mansion house, stands about a mile and a half north-east from the Church, and is reckoned the oldest house in the parish' (The History and Antiquities of the County of Essex, I, 482). There are no clear indications that any part of the present house is of earlier origin than 1768, but a thick partition between the main range and the rear wings may conceal significant evidence.

Listing NGR: TM1947223446

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 120327

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Morant, P, The History and Antiquities of the County of Essex, (1768), 482

End of official listing