GLEBE FARM HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1147872

Date first listed: 30-Jan-1986

Statutory Address: GLEBE FARM HOUSE, STATION ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of GLEBE FARM HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1147872 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Dec-2018 at 07:29:54.

Location

Statutory Address: GLEBE FARM HOUSE, STATION ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Lincolnshire

District: East Lindsey (District Authority)

Parish: Ludborough

National Grid Reference: TF 29575 95564

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

LUDBOROUGH

1048/4/35 STATION ROAD 30-JAN-86 GLEBE FARM HOUSE

GV II Farmhouse. Probably c.1700 with early and later C19 and also C20 alterations. Colourwashed brick with cogged brick eaves. C20 concrete-tile roof and brick ridge and end stacks. 3-unit lobby-entry plan, extended to right, and with added rear wings. 2 storeys. 4-window range at first floor of early C19 unhorned 4/8 sash windows. On ground floor left of centre are a 3-light C20 window in altered opening either side a C19 doorcase with part-glazed door. To centre right is a part-glazed door opening into the lobby, a 2-light C20 window to right and a 2-light casement in the C19 addition on the right end. Left end blank and a first floor casement on the right end. To rear are the two wings, various doors and casements, a C19 canted bay and several early C19 unhorned sash windows. INTERIOR. Boxed bridging beams. The massive stack survives but the fireplaces are blocked. Most ceilings plastered and flat but rafters visible in a rear wing ground floor room. Many early and later C19 plank and panelled doors but one earlier 4-panel one with raised and fielded panels survives. Roof has been partly renewed but a good number of coupled rafters remain with clasped purlins. Straight stairs including a separate one to upper storey of the right end addition. This addition has access to the back door and may have been built to accommodate farmhands. SUMMARY OF IMPORTANCE. This is a sizeable C18 farmhouse which stands opposite the church and forms a very significant group with it and other surrounding historic buildings. The main structure remains reasonably intact, as well as the ground plan and the massive stack. The survival of many early C19 sashes is a significant architectural feature.

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 195342

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing