FORMER COOPERS SHOP

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1148061

Date first listed: 22-Dec-1997

Statutory Address: FORMER COOPERS SHOP, DEVENISH SQUARE

Statutory Address: FORMER COOPERS SHOP, SPRING ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of FORMER COOPERS SHOP
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1148061 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Oct-2018 at 10:13:28.

Location

Statutory Address: FORMER COOPERS SHOP, DEVENISH SQUARE

Statutory Address: FORMER COOPERS SHOP, SPRING ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Dorset

District: Weymouth and Portland (District Authority)

National Grid Reference: SY 68064 78468

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

WEYMOUTH

SY6878SW SPRING ROAD 873-1/28/264 (West side) Former Coopers' shop

GV II

Includes: Former Coopers' shop DEVENISH SQUARE. Coopers' shop, now store or workshop, attached to former brewery range. Dated 1869. Rubble, brickwork, horizontal boarding on framing, concrete tile roof. An L-shaped single-storey building on a triangular site immediately S of Brewers Quay (qv); the base of a former stack remains on the E side. Facing Brewers Quay the front is in rubble with brick dressings and rounded outer corners, with a central loading door in a gabled half-dormer above C20 doors. The Spring Road front is in rubble with brick dressings, with one small eaves stack, and a large square stack podium in brick, with a stone capping to the circular base, and with saw-tooth brick dentils. The E front has the date, 1869, and the N front D & Co (Devenish). The inner walls are framed with slender cast-iron columns; the N range is in 6 bays, with 9-pane fixed casements above boarding, and doors to bays 1 & 4. The E range, in 5 bays, is similar, and with a series of C20 roof lights. The outer gable is in rubble with boarding to the gable and a pair of full-height wide plank doors. The roof structure is C19 king post trusses. Forms an integral part of an outstanding group of brewery buildings in the Hope Square area.







Listing NGR: SY6806478468

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 467960

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing