CHURCH OF ST LEONARD

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II*

List Entry Number: 1148130

Date first listed: 30-Jun-1966

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST LEONARD, THE VILLAGE STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ST LEONARD
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1148130 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Oct-2018 at 03:15:15.

Location

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST LEONARD, THE VILLAGE STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: North Yorkshire

District: Scarborough (District Authority)

Parish: Reighton

National Grid Reference: TA 15135 74699

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TA 17 SE REIGHTON THE VILLAGE STREET (north side, off) Speeton 9/88 Church of St Leonard 30.6.66

GV II*

Church. Early C12, with restorations 1905, 1911, 1976. Squared sandstone on plinth, with pantile roof. Nave and chancel, west tower. 3-stage, stepped tower with swept, pyramidal roof. Round-headed bell openings to all faces of upper stage. C20 door in flat topped opening in south wall with a variety of windows in enlarged openings to right. A rudimentary mass clock is scratched into the quoins to the right of the centre window. C19 lancets Flank tower. No openings to north and east. Interior: early C12 chancel arch on quoined jambs with chamfered abaci. Two trefoil-headed piscinae in north chancel wall. To right of sanctuary, a statue niche with carved bracketed base and a portion of carved canopy, and square projecting alns box. Portions of Anglo-Danish carving incorporated in masonry at the west end of the north wall. Norman tub font.

Listing NGR: TA1513574699

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 327025

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing