This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

HUNT HOUSE FARMHOUSE

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: HUNT HOUSE FARMHOUSE

List entry Number: 1148741

Location

HUNT HOUSE FARMHOUSE, HUNT HOUSE ROAD

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: North Yorkshire

District: Scarborough

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Goathland

National Park: NORTH YORK MOORS

Grade: II

Date first listed: 07-Jul-1989

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 327590

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

GOATHLAND HUNT HOUSE ROAD SE 89 NW (west side) 13/114 Hunt House Farmhouse GV II Farmhouse. Original house dated 1685; remodelled 1756. C19 extension. Original house built by Christopher and Martha Simpson. Remodelling by Joseph Oxley and Ann or Andrew Cook. Herringbone-tooled sandstone with sandstone ashlar quoins, dressings and mullions. Extension of hammered sandstone. Pantile roofs. 2-storey, 4-window front. Right-of-centre board door in quoined opening with plain lintel inscribed: C J O A 17 56 Ground floor windows are of 3 mullioned lights with 6-pane horizontal sliding sashes set behind mullions. First floor windows are similar, of 3 lights at right end, the remainder 2-light. Coped gables and shaped kneelers. End and centre left corniced stacks. Rear. Gabled extension contains board door beneath hammered lintel. Windows are 2-light horizontal sliding sashes in chamfered stone surrounds. Interior. Original doorway survives within rear extension and has triangular- arched lintel inscribed: S C M 16 85 RCHM, Houses of the North York Moors, p.80; fig.136.

Listing NGR: SE8156098727

Selected Sources

Books and journals
Houses of the North York Moors, (1987), 80

National Grid Reference: SE 81560 98727

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1148741 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Aug-2018 at 10:30:24.

End of official listing