THE POTTERS HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1149020

Date first listed: 24-Jun-1987

Statutory Address: THE POTTERS HOUSE

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE POTTERS HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1149020 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Dec-2018 at 15:50:56.

Location

Statutory Address: THE POTTERS HOUSE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: North Yorkshire

District: Ryedale (District Authority)

Parish: Hutton-le-Hole

National Park: NORTH YORK MOORS

National Grid Reference: SE 70472 90002

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

HUTTON-LE-HOLE THE VILLAGE SE 7090 SE 7089 (centre) 11/84 The Potter's House GV II School, now house. 1845 on datestone; altered c1875; further alteration and extension in C20. Hammer-dressed sandstone on rusticated sandstone plinth; dressings and rusticated quoins of sandstone ashlar; slate roof with brick stack. Gable end front of 2 storeys and single window, with 2-storey, single-window extended wing to left. Quoins to gabled front form clasping pilaster strips with cavetto-moulded imposts. C20 board door to wing with 12-pane sash above. Inserted 2-light mullion window to ground floor of gabled front, with tooled lintel. Original 2-light window to first floor in double chamfered raised surround, with cavetto mullion and foiled semicircular heads to each light. Flat hoodmould with returns. Rusticated plinth band. Coped gable end with coiled volutes. Right return: two 2- light mullion windows with foiled semicircular heads in square raised surrounds. Datestone to centre, inscribed: ERECTED BY SUBSCRIPTION AD 1845 Cavetto-moulded eaves course forms imposts to pilaster strips.

Listing NGR: SE7047290002

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 328920

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing