Outbuildings approximately 20 metres south east of Miller's House

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1149039

Date first listed: 24-Jun-1987

Statutory Address: Outbuildings approximately 20 metres south east of Miller's House, Hodge Beck

Map

Ordnance survey map of Outbuildings approximately 20 metres south east of Miller's House
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1149039 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 14-Dec-2018 at 05:14:28.

Location

Statutory Address: Outbuildings approximately 20 metres south east of Miller's House, Hodge Beck

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: North Yorkshire

District: Ryedale (District Authority)

Parish: Bransdale

National Park: NORTH YORK MOORS

National Grid Reference: SE 62086 97899

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SE 69 SW 3/26 BRANSDALE HODGE BECK (east side) Outbuildings approximately 20 metres south east of Miller's House

GV II Smithy and cart-shed; now wash-house. Smithy dated 1818 on lintel; cartshed added 1827 on datestone. For William Strickland. Herringbone-tooled sandstone with pantile roof. Single-storey, four-bay front. Wide flat arch to right of centre with long timber lintel. Two-light, large-pane horizontal sliding sash to right and C20 stable door to left, both in quoined openings. At end left, elliptical cart arch of tooled, shaped voussoirs on tooled imposts. Datestone to centre inscribed: WS/1827 . Left gable wall: owl hole in surround of voussoirs carved from two half-arcs of stone. Included for group value.

Listing NGR: SE6208697899

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 328860

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing