FARMBUILDINGS APPROXIMATELY 10 METRES SOUTH EAST OF HAZEL HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1149051

Date first listed: 24-Jun-1987

Statutory Address: FARMBUILDINGS APPROXIMATELY 10 METRES SOUTH EAST OF HAZEL HOUSE, DALESIDE ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of FARMBUILDINGS APPROXIMATELY 10 METRES SOUTH EAST OF HAZEL HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1149051 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 13-Dec-2018 at 13:38:22.

Location

Statutory Address: FARMBUILDINGS APPROXIMATELY 10 METRES SOUTH EAST OF HAZEL HOUSE, DALESIDE ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: North Yorkshire

District: Ryedale (District Authority)

Parish: Farndale West

National Park: NORTH YORK MOORS

National Grid Reference: SE 66588 96638

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

FARNDALE WEST DALESIDE ROAD SE 69 NE (west side) 4/58 Farmbuildings approximately 10 metres south-east of Hazel House - II Loose boxes; cart-shed and stable with loft over; pigsties with a hen-house above. 1824 on datestone. Tooled sandstone with pantile roof. 2-storey cart-shed and loft to centre with 1 1/2-storey range of pigsties to right and single-storey range of loose boxes to left. Double board doors to left of 2-storey front beneath segmental cart arch of tooled shaped voussoirs on rolled imposts. Datestone to centre inscribed: I W F 1824 Stable door to right and to first floor centre: 2 similar doors to pigsties with feeding troughs to right of each. To left range, 2 stable doors separated by 3 square window openings, 2 slatted. Tooled lintels to all openings. Coped gables to each range. Right gable end: an external flight of stone steps with kennel beneath leads to board door to hen-house. Square pivoting light with small panes to loft gable end above. A finely-built, well-preserved all-purpose range of farmbuildings situated beside the only road along the west side of the Dale.

Listing NGR: SE6658896638

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 328892

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing