HOME FARM POULTRY HOUSES

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1149106

Date first listed: 11-Feb-1987

Statutory Address: HOME FARM POULTRY HOUSES, MAIN STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of HOME FARM POULTRY HOUSES
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1149106 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Dec-2018 at 10:19:14.

Location

Statutory Address: HOME FARM POULTRY HOUSES, MAIN STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: North Yorkshire

District: Ryedale (District Authority)

Parish: Birdsall

National Grid Reference: SE 81922 65216

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

BIRDSALL MAIN STREET SE 86 NW (east side) Birdsall 3/18 Home Farm poultry houses GV II

Poultry houses. 1868. For Birdsall Estate. Limestone ashlar, iron railings, Welsh slate roof. U-shaped with 6-bay spinal range, 2-bay cross wings with square pavilions at corners. Yard divided in half and enclosed on fourth side by wall. Oval enclosure, possibly a former trough, to front. Single-storey ranges, 2-storey pavilions. Spinal range: 6 stable doors and 3 fixed windows. Pavilions each have board door to yard with fixed windows above, pyramidal roof with wooden turret surmounted by cupola and finial. Left cross wing: board door with two 2-light sliding sashes to left. Ridge stack. Right cross wing: 2 stable doors each with fixed window to left. Dividing wall, front wall and wall around trough are all, 3-5 courses in height with flat buttresses and coping. Railings to dividing wall and front wall. Disused at time of resurvey. Executed with money from the 1868 "Improvement Fund".

Listing NGR: SE8192265216

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 328721

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing