OLD RUINED CHURCH OF ALL HALLOWS AND CROSS

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1149108

Date first listed: 10-Oct-1966

Date of most recent amendment: 27-Aug-2003

Statutory Address: OLD RUINED CHURCH OF ALL HALLOWS AND CROSS, THE PARK

Map

Ordnance survey map of OLD RUINED CHURCH OF ALL HALLOWS AND CROSS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1149108 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 24-Oct-2018 at 06:06:06.

Location

Statutory Address: OLD RUINED CHURCH OF ALL HALLOWS AND CROSS, THE PARK

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: North Yorkshire

District: Ryedale (District Authority)

Parish: Birdsall

National Grid Reference: SE 81566 64844

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

1813/7/24 27-AUG-03

BIRDSALL THE PARK THE PARK OLD RUINED CHURCH OF ALL HALLOWS AND CROSS (Formerly listed as: OLD CHURCH OF ALL HALLOWS AND CROSS)

(Formerly listed as: OLD CHURCH OF ST MARY AND CROSS)

GV II Ruined church approximately 10 metres east of Birdsall House (qv). C12 chancel arch, C14 arcade, 1601 datestone on tower probably resited. West tower clasped by 4-bay south arcade, and chancel arch. West front: plinth. C18 inserted window beneath keyed stone lintel. Second stage stepped back, with small square-headed window to west and Tudor-arched door to north. South arcade: 4 pointed arches of 2 chamfered orders carried on piers of quatrefoil section with plain capitals. Chancel arch of 2 orders. Interior: chancel arch of 3 roll-moulded orders with nailhead on rounded responds with stylised volute capitals. Simple round font with 4 attached shafts remounted and repositioned. A damaged churchyard cross has been resited approximately 5 metres east of the chancel. Pevsner N, Yorkshire, York and the East Riding, 1972.



Listing NGR: SE8156664844

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 328727

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Pevsner, N, The Buildings of England: Yorkshire - York and the East Riding, (1972)

End of official listing