MULLION COURT ST MARY'S

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1149264

Date first listed: 05-Jun-1985

Date of most recent amendment: 05-Nov-1985

Statutory Address: MULLION COURT, VILLAGE STREET

Statutory Address: ST MARY'S, VILLAGE STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of MULLION COURT
ST MARY'S
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1149264 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Oct-2018 at 21:43:41.

Location

Statutory Address: MULLION COURT, VILLAGE STREET

Statutory Address: ST MARY'S, VILLAGE STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: North Yorkshire

District: Ryedale (District Authority)

Parish: Appleton-le-Moors

National Park: NORTH YORK MOORS

National Grid Reference: SE 73459 88117

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

In the entry for: APPLETON-LE-MOORS SE 7288 - 7388 VILLAGE STREET (east side) 7/20 Appleton House and Mullion Court The address shall be amended to read: VILLAGE STREET (east side)

St Mary's and Mullion Court

------------------------------------

SE 7288-7388 APPLETON-LE-MOORS VILLAGE STREET (east side)

Appleton House and 7/20 Mullion Court

GV II

Parsonage, now 2 dwellings. 1865, partly rebuilt in 1931, and subdivided c1970. J L Pearson. Dressed limestone with ashlar dressings including decorative banding. High Victorian Gothic. 2-storey, 4-window range to left, re-built after a fire in 1931; 2-storey projecting gabled bay to right of centre, and end right cross gable. Boarded door recessed into pointed arch in projecting bay with 3-light mullion window above. 4-light mullion window to ground floor at end right with mullion window above of 3 pointed lights beneath a pointed relieving arch. Remaining windows to left are mullioned alternate ones on ground floor having pointed lights under relieving arches. All windows have leaded lights and all openings have quoined jambs. Coped gables and gable walls. 2 end stacks, 1 external, and 1 centre stack to variably-pitched roof. A Quiney, John Loughborough Pearson, p 239.

Listing NGR: SE7346488114

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 328378

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Quiney, A, John Loughborough Pearson, (1979), 239

End of official listing