CHURCH OF ST JOHN THE BAPTIST

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1149283

Date first listed: 18-Mar-1985

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST JOHN THE BAPTIST, MAIN STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ST JOHN THE BAPTIST
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1149283 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 11-Dec-2018 at 11:10:43.

Location

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST JOHN THE BAPTIST, MAIN STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: North Yorkshire

District: Ryedale (District Authority)

Parish: Pockley

National Park: NORTH YORK MOORS

National Grid Reference: SE 63730 86087

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SE 68 NW POCKLEY MAIN STREET (west side) 4/94 Church of St John the Baptist - - II

Church. 1870 and/or 1876. By Sir G G Scott or G G Scott Junior. In Gothic Revival style. Hammer dressed limestone, sandstone dressings, Westmorland slate roof. 3-bay nave with south porch and 2-bay chancel with vestry to north. West end: central buttress supports bellcote with 4 openings. South porch: pointed doorway with single-light trefoil- headed window above. Nave: 3-light windows with Reticulated tracery to south. Chancel: 2-light windows with Curvilinear tracery, and 3-light east window with Curvilinear tracery. Vestry: ogee-headed door to west, 2-light window with Curvilinear tracery to east. Interior: C13 font. Plain bowl on 6 attached shafts with moulded capitals. Screen of 1898-9 by Temple Moore. Pevsner, Yorkshire: The North Riding, 1966.

Listing NGR: SE6373086087

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 328320

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Pevsner, N, The Buildings of England: Yorkshire: The North Riding, (1966)

End of official listing