RECTORY FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1149545

Date first listed: 25-Apr-1986

Statutory Address: RECTORY FARMHOUSE, LOW MOORGATE (E SIDE)

Map

Ordnance survey map of RECTORY FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1149545 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Oct-2018 at 06:47:56.

Location

Statutory Address: RECTORY FARMHOUSE, LOW MOORGATE (E SIDE)

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: North Yorkshire

District: Ryedale (District Authority)

Parish: Rillington

National Grid Reference: SE 85136 74689

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SE 8574 RILLINGTON LOW MOORGATE (east side) 11/43 Rectory Farmhouse

GV II House. C17, incorporating the remains of an earlier house; C18 outshut; early C19 extension to right; later C19 extension to rear, raised C20. Dressed stone, some re-used with timber-framed first floor, encased in brick; rendered and pebble-dashed in 1954; pantile roof and brick stacks. 2-storey, 3-window front with single-storey extension to right. Centre left C20 board door beneath overlight. 3-light, small-pane horizontal sliding sashes throughout, except to ground floor right which is a C20 3-light replacement. End and left of centre stacks. Interior: remains of a wall plate are visible to the rear of ground-floor rooms to left and right, with jetty to left of rear door. A scarfed chamfer-stopped spine beam runs through both rooms to right. Centre room has a chamfered bressumer and heck to fireplace. Re-used closed-string staircase with pierced splat mirror balusters, moulded handrail and chamfer-stopped newel post. Chamfer- stopped spine beam to both first-floor rooms to right. The house has early documented associations with Byland Abbey. N A Hudleston, Rillington, 1954; pp 39, 61.

Listing NGR: SE8513674689

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 329726

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Hudleston, N A, Rillington, (1954), 39
Hudleston, N A, Rillington, (1954), 61

End of official listing