STATION HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1149565

Date first listed: 05-Feb-1986

Statutory Address: STATION HOUSE

Map

Ordnance survey map of STATION HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1149565 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Dec-2018 at 09:12:22.

Location

Statutory Address: STATION HOUSE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: North Yorkshire

District: Ryedale (District Authority)

Parish: Levisham

National Park: NORTH YORK MOORS

National Grid Reference: SE8178391016

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SE 89 SW 3/47

LEVISHAM LEVISHAM STATION Station House II

Farmhouse converted to station house and ticket office, now house. Late C18; remodelled 1840's and extended to right. Hammer-dressed sandstone with weather board porch; slate roof; brick stacks, one rebuilt. Originally 2- cell, direct entry plan, later extended into former ticket office to right. 2-storey, 3-bay front, end right bay breaking forward. Left of centre half- glazed door in projecting, gabled porch. 12-pane sashes to left and right and to first floor right; 4-pane sash to first floor left. Original doorway to ticket office in right end bay now blocked by C20 pivoting sash; tall narrow window above. All original windows have tooled sills and lintels. End and centre right stacks. The farmhouse was remodelled following the introduction of steam to the Pickering to Whitby railway between 1845-47.

Listing NGR: SE8178391016

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 329665

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing